MID AMERICA WORKFORCE INVESTMENT BOARD QUARTERLY MEETING
October 13, 2022 @ 8:30 a.m.
(In-Person at Bellecourt Manor in Belleville)
I. CALL TO ORDER & ROLL CALL
II. PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA
III. This meeting is a brief meeting to discuss and approve the Consent Agenda items.
IV. CONSENT AGENDA
- 1) 07/28/22 Meeting Minutes – the minutes were review by the Executive Committee.
- 2) 2023 Proposed Board Meeting Calendar – this meeting calendar is in-line with previous years.
- 3) Youth Supportive Services Policy – due to bringing part of the Youth Program in house, a Youth Supportive Services Policy was needed.
- 4) Youth Incentives Policy - due to bringing part of the Youth Program in-house, a Youth Incentives Services Policy was needed.
- 5) Incumbent Worker Training for Progressive Recovery Inc./Dupo/Quality Control Training by IMEC/$17,782.00 – to train employees on International Organization of Standardization (ISO) systems, tools, and processes to expand their Service and Solutions business.
- 6) Incumbent Worker Training for Inland Marine/East Carondelet/Merchant Mariners Credential/ by The River School/$12,000.00 – to train Riverboat Captains due to current talent shortages and looming retirements. This training is crucial in keeping Inland Marine operational in this region.
- 7) LWIA 24 Approved Training and Contract Providers – this list is required as a part of the State’s In-Demand Occupations List.
- 8) LWIA 24 Work-based Training Policy Updated – we removed CASAS/TABE testing from the policy to enhance the eligibility process, as the testing is not required under State policy.
- 9) Move up to $500,000.00 from 1D to 1A
V. COMMENTS FROM VISITORS
*Next MAWIB Meeting will be Thursday, February 9th, 2023 @ 8:30AM (Format Zoom)